The Central Crime Station is functioning in Cyberabad Commmissionerate with three Zonal crime units. These Zonal Crime Units are functioning in Madhapur, Balanagar, Shamshabad Zones under the control of DCP, Crimes and overall supervision of Commissioner of Police, Cyberabad.
Apart from Zonal Crime Units the DCP, Crime is also looking after Cyber Crimes, CCRB, CTC and IT Cell. The Zonal Crime Units are investigating property crime offences. There is every need to have a specalized unit to handle the ever growing economic offences.
In view of above, it is proposed to constitute the Economic Offence Wing under purview of Central Crime Station. This Wing will directly function under the control of the Commissioner of Police, Cyberabad and investigate all important and sensational economic offences as specified below.
- Cheating Cases:
- Organized cheating cases where the damage or harm caused is to the tune of Rs. 50 lakhs and more.
- Cheating related to Banks.
- Organized job fraud involving more than (04) victims if the monetary loss is more than Rs. 25 lakhs.
- Fake documents rackets
- Organized/Habitual land grabbing cases
- Multi level Marketing, Money Circulation Scheme cases
- Chit fund fraud cases
- Organized PETA cases (Organized sex rackets)
- Organized Cricket betting/Gaming act
- Fake visa/passport cases
- Collecting Market Intelligence (MIU)
- Land cases related to fake documnets, forgery, impersonation, double registration etc